ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:02:03 -0400
I know Grant goes to state championship games. He has been in the press
box several years at CMYC when I have been there. But in talking with
him, it seems he hasn't been too impressed with Maine talent. There have
been a couple of notable exceptions. One big disappointment was Barry
Clukey of Waterville. He set the National Federation goal scoring record
in his senior year. I forget whose record he broke but I do know he was
from Brick, N.J. and spent several years in the NHL. I think Barry got
some bad advise on how to handle his career. In my 40 years in sports, I
always got the feeling Southern Maine was "too sophisticated" for
anything Central or Northern Maine.