ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 21:44:52 -0500
Noah Smith from Hockey East said between periods of the Maine/BC radio
broadcast and said that Fox Sports New England will TAPE DELAY not only the
late semifinal Hockey East Tournament game next Friday, but also the
Championship game due to a Boston Celtics game.

While I think this is ridiculous, I understand FSNE has a contract with the
Celtics and they are a larger market than Hockey East.  But shame on Hockey
East for agreeing to a new deal with these guys if they can't get their
CHAMPIONSHIP game on live TV.

I've missed the days when Hockey East was on NESN since they came over to
FSNE (yes, even Bob Norton), but this is by far the worst.  As a conference,
your tournament championship game is your crown jewel and to have a
television partner that doesn't respect that is not good for anyone IMHO.

Will the CCHA title game be live on Fox?  What about the other major
conferences?

-Deron