EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 06:54:11 -0800
----------
>From: "R.Gancie/C.Parcelli" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: "self-sufficient work of art"
>Date: Wed, Dec 26, 2001, 7:57 PM
>

> This is the
> up side of the didacticism of the Cantos. They were an extraordinary teaching
tool
> for me both contextuallly and structurally.

I would like to add myself to Carlo's list, and I wonder if anyone on this
list can say that the Cantos did not do the same for them.  Just as one
example how many looked into Classical and Chinese literature and language
as a result of being introduced to these subjects through Pound? As many of
you on this list are teachers and all of us are students who among us
expected to learn in school only those things which were already familiar to
us?

Charles