EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Stephen Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:59:11 +0200
Well, yes, Peter, I agree with your implicit point that simplistic comparison is an asinine procedure, but...your other point that breadth of subject matter is the criterion, well...
But please allow me some clarification: I love Pound's poetry, but, perhaps as a reaction to my years of regarding The Cantos as the greatest work of EngLit since The Works of WS, I've become aware of a lack of ,sorry, poetic MAGIC that I find in HD.(Those perfect cadences! Those exqisitely weighted lines! Those inexplicable effects of diction!)
Thanks for your comment. Almost all my messages will be rushed as I rely on the use of client's hardware for i/net. (I teach mainly in-company)
Ciao!