ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Allison Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:15:12 -0500
Exactly.  I must admit the Alfond is much better than the dead silent
atmosphere of the Porland games (which are held once a season).  But
the student section can't carry the arena.  Even if we are very loud
you can hardly hear us on the other end of the ice because of the way
that building deadens the noise.  All the fans need to join in our
cheers.  Be loud, be crazy.. and if your neighbors tell you to shut up
just be even louder!!

Anthony Delmonaco writes:
the students, maine~iaks especially go to the games and try to get the
crowd in it....morrison posts in the hockey folder here and tells us
they need the alfond to be rockin...we go there and do our best...but
150-200 students can't overpower the
alfond...we need help from the fans...it is nice when they stand up
when we chant "stand up", but when we are on the powerplay with like a
minute left in the game, on the tv time out everyone is up, then when
the puck drops, the fans drop....i went
to durham last year and i'm going back this year...the unh fans only
have 1 cheer...literally...U-N-H!!! but, it gets started by people
other fans....the students as well....and when they get going...yeah
its only one lame cheer...but the WHOLE
arena gets into it....that is home ice....we have a big game against
northeastern friday night....lets blow the roof off the alfond...and
let it continue...GO BLUE!!!!!

mosey

Fill the steins to dear old Maine,
Shout till the rafters ring.