EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"j.letourneux" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 22:28:38 +0200
dear j.letourneux,

why so caustic?  here, i'll help a brother out, as follows:

some links:

http://www.pound.org
http://www.pound.fr
http://www.ez.com

If you're interested in poetry, Chase, you might like to check out
the numerous books about the poets Ezra Pound was in-
terested in, and, perhaps, the schools of poetry he helped
to found and inspire.  Troubadours is a good bet, at

http://www.troubadours.com,

my *personal* favorite, btw.

A cat named Queneau was also interested in the sextine, and
Roubaud quotes Pound in his essay from _Atlas de litterature
potentielle_:  "qui seront tous, potentiellement, 'semblables
a la flamme mince qui s'enroule puis se deroule' (Pound); en
dehors des cas triviaux 1, 2, 3 on a le choix entre les entiers 5, 9,
11, 14, 18, 23, 26, 29, 30, 33, 35, 39, 41, pour nous en tenir a
ceux dont le choix fournit un poeme dont la longeur reste bornee
par celle d'une tragedie de Racine." (Gallimard, coll. "Folio," p. 49)

Pound had great taste when he was reading other poetry cats, he
was cool that way.  Don't mind me, I'm just the hired help, and
it's past my bed time.

What are you into, anyway, man?  There's a lot to do with
Pound, mostly everything beginning with reading his stuff, getting
onto his ground, if ever you can!  jl.