ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Alexis Wollstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 04:36:18 -0800
I think for most hockey fans (and for me personally), the problem is not with enforcement of the rules in the waning minutes of the game, but rather the lack of enforcement in the prior 57 minutes of the game.

Throughout the entire game there were numerous infractions on both sides that were far more blatant and "callable", and almost none of these were called. So why make such a marginal call so late in the game? Inconsistent and unimpressive. I must agree with the BC fan...it's a shame to have something like that cloud an otherwise spectacular game!

Kudos to the resiliant Black Bears who never gave up and congrats to a great BC team!

In reference to Gionta and his comments--there's a reason why he's a 3-time Hobey loser...

~Lexy~

Get Free email here ---> http://www.24texas.com