Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 17:47:30 -0500
-- [ From: Kepler * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

>         But Greg Berge says that an outstanding hockey player with SAT's
of
> 510/470 can probably not gain admission to a D1 school where the means are
on
> the order of 640/600.

Yes, I would contend that being 260 points below any given school's mean SAT
means the only way you're going is if the med school bears a striking
resemblance to your last name.

> And you can raise those means to 690/650 if you want. That happens a lot
> too. Even in the ECAC. C'mon, Greg, wake up and smell the coffee.:-):-)

Make that hot cocoa, and real examples would wake me a lot more convincingly
than just "that happens a lot."  (In other words, I'm asking for specifics
to contradict what was originally just my off-the-cuff generalization.  We
never said this game was fair...)

>         Btw, how do you think Gee-Dubya got into Yale with his SAT's if it
> weren't
> for his "special qualities"?

Didn't Yale go to open admissions right about the time Brown did?  ;-)

-- Greg

--

*  Greg Berge