EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Joanne DeMeno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:11:38 -0400
Sergei Eisenstein's dialectial montage was even more relevant to Pound than
the objective symbolism used by Griffith.  I'd like to know if he references
Eisenstein.  Japanese character writing helped inspire him to create
montages based on the ideogrammic method.  Did Eisenstein read Fenollosa?

I'm looking for a Griffith reference in the Cantos but have not come up with
anything.  Griffith's filmmaking is bogged down by sensationalism and
melodramma.  I can't imagine that Pound would have found that appealing.