ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:37:02 -0400
Hello,

I have been disappointed in the lack of a discussion or explanation
regarding the sudden inelgibility of Colin Shields.  Given the explanations
I have read this stems from courses taken at a junior college last year.
What I fail to comprehend is that the NC$$ allows basketball and football
players to not only attend Juco's but play sports at them and then transfer
without ever having to sit-out a transfer year.  In fact my understanding
was that any athelete that transfered from a lower divison to a higher
division was automatically elgible.  Is there more to Colin's situation
than meets the eye or does the NC$$ have seperate standards for hockey.

Could someone in the know address this, as for now I'm in the dark.  I'm
also concerned that this year out could result in Colin's exit.  Since I
don't know anything about him I would also be interested in hearing about
his commitment.

It's tough to get the latest when you're outside the Orono area and only
have this list, the friends newsletter and the uscho message board.

Thanks,

Bob Fitta '83

Bob Fitta
Advertising Account Manager