From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:16:16 EDT
Today marks the 11th anniversary of Hockey-L at U Maine System, after
being created the previous season as "College_Hockey" by Mike Machnic.

Thanks to all who have participated, especially to our Hockey-L
administrator, Tom Rowe ([log in to unmask]) who is starting his 4th season
at the helm.  Thank you, Tom!

Hockey-L has been great because of its contributors.  I'd like to list a
few.  This is somewhat inexact, because many of you have changed e-mail
addresses many times, but I think the list fairly accurate.

In the Over-500 lifetime posts category:

      Erik Biever
      Arthur Berman
      Brian Farenell
      Bill Fenwick
      Richard Hungerford
      Keith Instone
      Glen Keeney
      Sean Pickett
      Charlie Shub
      Wayne Smith
      Pam Sweeney
      Deron Treadwell
      John Whelan
      Carol White

In the Over-1000 lifetime posts category:

      John Haeussler

In the Over-2500 lifetime posts category:

      Mike Machnik

Wow!

Most of these people have helped Hockey-L and College Hockey in other
important ways, often behind the scenes.  Thanks to you all for making
"The College Hockey Discussion List" an important part of college
hockey.  And, of course, thanks to the other 4,300 people that have
contributed over the years.

Happy 11th Birthday, Hockey-L!    Drop the puck for year #12.

Wayne T. Smith           Systems Group -- UNET Technology Services
[log in to unmask]            University of Maine System
The College Hockey lists - Hockey-L & Hockey3 at http://lists.Maine.edu/