EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 21:20:47 -0700
Wei,
    I quoted from Pound's letter to "elucidate", as I said in my July 31
posting, the problem faced by one who would proclaim the existence of
mysteries which IMHO is similar to acknowledging the existence of the anima
in the collective unconscious and suffers from some of the same attendant
difficulties. That is, many people, perhaps Pound's 95%, have no idea what
in the hell you're talking about, and it is a very difficult subject to
discuss even for us who profess some inkling.  This list is a witness to
this fact. Perhaps it is better to get it from dreams and poetry.
    Again IMHO when Pound reflects here on catholics I think he is saying
that the above matters (no pun intended) are handled by their priests and
their church's dogma, and they are only required to follow these obediently.
What is so difficult about this? But if you want to take issue with every
statement Pound ever made and read some inherent evil into every line and
quotation, see fascists, antisemites, Confucians, and mysogynists lurking
behind every word please feel free to do so at your own risk of becoming an
absolute bore.
    My god, if you ate a plate of Calamari, it would become a lesson on
Cephalopoda anatomy for the whole table and take all night.

CDM