EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Daniel Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 23:26:17 -0400
Truth is, I've been out of touch with the list until a couple
days ago.  I did know I was entering upon one or another side
of a major, ongoing debate.  Besides, I've voiced this same
opinion months ago, and I thought it worth mentioing again.
I did not mean to smear TR.  Please see my reply
to TR as to this issue, and as to  your request for "specifics,
name some names."

==Dan

At 10:17 PM 7/21/00 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 07/21/2000 8:56:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
><< Haven't we all seen too many Pound scholars trying
> hard, like TR, to minimize this evil side of Pound?  Why don't
> they learn to simply accept the fact that all of us, including
> every great man, is at least a little smeared with shit?
>  >>

>I can only guess that you haven't been following the en lin wei show, and the
>shit-smearing that he engages in.  but no, now that you mention it, I don't
>see too many scholars doing anything of the sort -- maybe you could provide
>some specifics, name some names, etc.  TR, as you call him, is trying to make
>a distinction that Pound himself made.  but I know of no one who doesn't
>understand that Pound was viciously anti-Semitic, including TR, on whom
>you're smearing a little shit yourself.  this fucking piousness is getting
>really tiresome, especially by little twits trying to make names for
>themselves at the expense of honest discussion....
>
>jb...

HOME:
Dan Pearlman
102 Blackstone Blvd. #5