EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:41:20 -0700
    Well, fellow Pounders, we finally have it from Wei himself. it seems we
have cause to rejoice. We have among us one who has descended (albeit by a
spider's rope) from Heaven. A St. Michael wielding the mighty sword of
reighteousness against all devils like Pound or a Gabriel delivering
heavenly exejesus of Fascist-Confucius poetry.

    But Wei, I had nore in mind the "Tarantulas" in Nee Cheese "Zarathustra"
Chapter 29 on the preachers of equality.

    "Vengeance will we use, and insult, against all who are not like us" -
thus do the tarantula-hearts pledge themselves. And 'Will to Equality'- that
itself shall henceforth be the name of virtue; and against all that hath
power will we raise an outcry!"
    Ye preachers of equlity, the tyrant-frenzy of impotence crieth thus in
you for "equality", your most secret tyrant-longings disguise themselves
thus in virtue-words!"
"...and they themselves were formerly the best world-maligners and
heretic-burners.
    With these preachers of equality will I not be mixed up and confounded.
For thus speaketh justice unto me: "Men are not equal." (If they were, Wei,
you and I would be as great as Pound)
    "On a thousand bridges and piers shall they throng to the future, and
always shall there be more war and inequality among them: thus doth my great
love make me speak!"

    And the Green Party? The Nazi Party was one of the most environmentally
conscious ones the world has ever seen. But "Green" for a party? Here
"green" is certainly an understatement.

    On the continuing subject of anti-semitism in Pound I ask the members of
the List to examine the following examples to come to a clearer
understanding of what this "squishy" (Solzhenitsyn's word for it) term truly
means. The first is a letter to Alice Henderson Corbin form EP. The second
is an "analysis" of the difference of the "races" from Alfred Rosenberg's
"The Myth of the Twentieth Century". He was hanged at Nuremberg in 1946.

CDM

----------

EXHIBIT A

                                                   5 Holland Place Chambers
                                                          Kensington, W.

Dear A.C,H.
    I am sending herewith Cournos tanslation of "Sisters" by I.L. Pere[t]z,
original in hebrew, the yiddish version was acted in New York by Fernanda
Eliscu about four years ago.
    Pere[t]z has a great russian reputation. Cournos is badly in need of
immediate cash, can you do anything with DRAMA.
    I sent off two japanese plays direct to said DRAMA some days ago.
    This is the first english translation of a play by Pere[t]z, a vol. of
his short stories has been done. Pere[t]z himself writes in Russian,
Yiddish and Classical hebrew.

        Yours sincerely

                                      <E Pound>
                                            <12-6-14>
Cournos says I might add  that he "needs the money DAMMM
soon[".]

EXHIBIT B

"...The lie is vitally connected with a lack of feeling of honor and
courage. Even if every man burdens himself with many lies, no lying German
will be able to call himself 'good' precisely because lies contradict the
innermost character values which alone provide us with value and worth. The
lie is thus not only actively willed, but is simultaneously an organic sin.
It is the worst enemy of the Nordic race. Whoever abandons himself to it
unchecked, perishes inwardly. He also separates himself voluntarily
outwardly from the Germanic environment. He will by necessity seek
association with characterless bastards and Jews. Here we observe an
interesting counterpoint which can be observed in all other domains.
    If the actively-willed organic lie is the death of the Nordic man, then
this also signifies the life-element of Jewry. Expressed paradoxically, the
constant lie is the "organic" truth of the Jewish anti-race. The fact that
the real content of the concept of honor is remote, draws with it a swindle
which is often a commandment of religious law. Such is laid down in the
Talmud and in the Schulchan-Aruch in a monumentally frank way. That brutal
searcher dor truth, Schopenhauer, called the Jews the "great masters of
lies." Further, they are "a nation of shopkeepers and swindlers," according
to Kant. Because this is so, the Jew cannot attain mastery in a state which
is supported by enhanced concepts of honor. For exactly the same reason,
however, the German cannot really live within the democratic system and be
fruitful. Capitalist  democracy is built up upon mass swindling and
exploitation in great and small things. Either one overcomes it after being
poisoned ideally and materially or he perishes without salvation from sins
against his organic truth."  (1930)