EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
En Lin Wei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 01:02:24 PDT
jb wrote:

>Pound said lots of stupid things like the quote about "bad manners" but I
>don't think it's fair to reduce everything he said to such a remark, or
>remarks like it.  everyone that I know who's interested in Pound concedes
>his
>cranky stupidity.

Pound was not stupid. I never said he was.  Nor do I "reduce" everything he
said to such a remark.  I attempt to read such remarks in relation to other
aspects of his work.  If such statements were not so frequent, and if his
committment to fascism had not been so sustained and so strong, then the
issue would hardly arise.

But let us get back to the point you made about "where the creative
dimension" leads.  I did not "challenge" you to explain this.  I merely
extend to you a polite invitation.   Nor would I conclude from your refusal
to answer the question that your statement about the creative dimension has
no merit.  I would simply conclude that you do not wish to answer, and
nothing more.

If you do not want to answer it, then I invite you to put forward an
outline, or list of questions, or summary of points which might lead someone
else who is on your wavelength (on this issue) to elaborate.

Respectfully,

Wei