ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dave Wollstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 20:14:52 EDT
Except for the second goal (which, to use the standard announcer's phrase, he
would "like to have back"), I thought Yeats was even better in goal than
Goering. Yeats made four or five truly acrobatic saves in the third period to
prevent UND from getting goal number three, and the first goal was a screen
shot that hit the inside of the far post. Goering also had more help from the
defense, which did a very good job keeping the UMaine forwards from screening
him most of the time.

My take of the game is this: Coach Walsh said we would have to play six
periods of great hockey to create a legacy, and three periods of great hockey
to have that chance. I think we played two.

Also, Coach Walsh has often said that "puck luck" makes the difference.
Barrett Heisten can testify that we didn't have puck luck against UND.

Bottom line:  this season was a great ride, and my hat's off to the Black
Bears for an exciting season.