ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 06:58:42 -0800
Lots to talk about from the Fleet.. but just briefly, I want to comment on
the BC fan's note below.

What this message doesn't say is that there were 4 BC fans in row 1 of one
of the Maine sections at the Fleet.  Our group was in Row 1 of the balcony
directly overlooking this section.  We were able to see everything that
this BC fan talks about.

I saw the Maine fan grab and tear up the sign, and it was really uncalled
for, IMHO.  The sign was not derogatory toward Maine, it was simply
pro-BC.  But, the fact that this did occur and this BC fan said such good
things about Maine fans is indeed a testament to Maine.  These BC fans
were in the middle of an all-Maine section.  Imagine if it was an all UNH
section in the BC/UNH game?

Kudos to the Maine fans, and kudos to those 4 BC fans who cheered for
their team, but also were classy enough to give Maine and Maine fans
props.

-dt