Give me a break.  The Gophers haven't won a championship because they don't
have Canadians?!!  And Clarkson hasn't won because they don't have
Minnesotans, I suppose.  (Not picking on Clarkson, just pointing out how
silly the argument is.)  That's about how logical your comment was.  To
analogize to the NHL is ridiculous. Minnesota has come close many years but
hasn't won for a variety of reasons.  Clay Satow pointed out the original
reason for the adoption of the all--Minnesota policy. It encouraged
development of Minnesota HS players.  The policy is no longer necessary and
will probably not be followed.