Well, six weeks ago someone started a rumor that QC was going to jump
conferences to the EZAC. Now Bob Monahan of the Boston Globe is quoting QC
AD Jack McDonald as saying that QC is "shooting for a spot in HE too."

        Somehow I wonder if Monahan took that quote out of his notes, looked at it
out of context, and then inadvertently twisted it in some way. This is
another instance of a rumor not passing the eyeball test. The context in
question: McDonald was talking about trying to schedule games against HE
opponents. I doubt very much if he was talking about jumping conferences.

        Btw, FWIW, reliable sources indicate that QC was successful in its quest,
and will play at Maine in December. The date being talked about is 12/12/99
at 2:00 PM. Just thought you'd like to know ....

        -- Dick Tuthill