Will Anzenberger writes:

> Since college rankings are more important in hockey than basketball, I
> would have liked to see a top 15 to top 20 that is all.

I think polls are *less* important that college hockey than
basketball.  Because we have only a twelve-team tournament, the
selection and seeding can be done entirely according to objective
statistical formulas.  My impression is that basketball uses the RPI
as well, but with 64 teams to seed, they have to make lot more
judgement calls.  Whether or not the polls are supposed to contribute
to those decisions, it seems hard to ignore them.

And don't even get me started about football...

                                          John Whelan, Cornell '91
                                     http://www.amurgsval.org/joe/

Attention ECAC:   Eight is Enough--Flush the Final Five!