HollyR wrote, in part..
>Does this seem like an odd policy to anyone else?
>
>> I called the office today and was told the following:
>>
>> No tickets will be sold for the first four home games to the public.  Only
>> season ticket holders and students.  Apparently this policy is from the
>> President.  I was told to call back after this weekend to see if the
>> policy
>> remains in effect.  Tickets that are not claimed will be empty seats.

Perhaps more oddly stated than intended?

How does this sound?  "We're sold out for the first 4 home games, except
for student seating".

The non-student wanting to purchase a ticket probably doesn't need to
know that students are being given a chance to show up, at least for 4
games (my speculation only).

Having the ticket office blame the president's office for the lack of
tickets doesn't sound like the policy of anyone but the speaker (and
will probably be adjusted after the administrators see this thread!).

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L/Info-Hockey-L/Hockey3