Pounders: Has anyone read Wai-lim Yip's book Ezra Pound's Cathay? Most Chinese scholars I'm aware of seem pretty dismissive of Pound as a translator from Chinese, calling him an inventor of Chinese poetry in English--I think maybe Eliot said this and Kenner picked up on it--and not an effective translator, but I can't imagine Yip writing an entire book aimed at dismissing the subject. And in other writings I've read Yip has at least been very aware of the poetic advances in English attributable to Pound, and I wonder if Ezra Pound's Cathay is something known, respected, recommended, etc. Thank you. Lucas . . Lucas Klein [log in to unmask] 8080,8080,0000A young Muse with young loves clustered about her ascends with me into the æther, . . . And there is no high-road to the Muses. 0000,8080,0000 Ezra Pound, Homage to Sextus Propertius