Back @ MD after a wonderful 8+ hr car ride back from Boston.

Final thoughts

At the start of the game I was asked by some of my Clarkson friends what
I thought the final result would be.  My reply was "My heart says BC but
my head says Michigan."  For the first time in 2 weeks I was right.

BC had too many chances to put the game away and did not.  You don't hit
2 bars in OT and fan on another and still expect to win.

>From my view (Sec 317 Row 11) it appeared that the winner went 5 hole.
Did it? As a previous poster said, there were no replays at all at the
Fleet, so it was impossible to tell.

Michigan contained the Gionta - Reasoner - Powers line very well.  I
think Red decided that if he was going to lose, he was going to make
Farkas et al beat him, not the top line.  Ditto for BC.  If they were to
lose, they would not be beaten by Muckalt et al.

Was it my imagination or did BC love to pinch the middle on "D" and leave
the outside wide open?  Frequently both Michigan and OSU exploited the BC
flanks.

Marty Turco may have been awarded the MOP, but for my $ it should have
gone to Bubba.  He controlled the game.  Both he and BC's Mottau played
every other shift.  It seemed that Mottau was out on the ice for every
draw in the BC zone.  Ditto for Bubba.

Sad note for ECAC (that's Eastern COLLEGIATE Athletic Conference, Mr.
Announcer) fans - with BC rising and BU about the same, unless an ECAC
team pulls the "double", the best they can hope for in the near future is
a #3 seed.

Speaking of the announcer - how many U of M names did he butcher
(butcha)?

Having attended hockey games at DC's latest Sports Palace, the MCI
Center, I thought the Fleet was an excellent venue.  My Upper Deck seat
had great sight lines.  The only problem was the people leaning forward
and blocking my view of the near boards.

Here's looking forward to Anaheim in '99

Joe LaCour
Clarkson '77

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]