I wonder why  Bob G., whose initial proposal, except for the "Jock U"
reference, seemed well meaning if deja vu all over again, has resorted
to  "humorous" responses  or "straw man" arguments ( or did anyone else
think Ken was saying Div I should do away with scholarships? Please...)
to posts from Ken and Adam which rebutted his suggestions, pointed out
discrepancies or asked substantive questions. He has, to be fair,
restated or elaborated on his original arguments, but, if he's going to
keep the thread going, I for one would like to see him directly address
their responses. Yes I've read them
        And he might want to consider the fact that the average age of
freshmen and all college students is increasing.( Both personal
anecdotes and Web references available upon request.)
>I don't see a level playing surface where, for example,  one school
with high academics fields a team with an average age of 20.2 >against a
competitor of no academic note skating 11 freshmen over the age of 21.
A question- could you identify these two schools?
        My undergraduate degree is from Boston State College, a now
defunct school of no academic or athletic distinction.  I attended RPI
for a year and SUNY at Stonybrook for a year and a half. My grad work
was done at BC. And I root for BU...