Since I haven't seen anything else, I would like to comment on Wisconsin
- UAA game.  The Badgers won, 2-1, but were seriously outplayed by the
Seawolves in most aspects of the game.  I watched this on tape delay and
it was the first complete game of the Badgers I've seen.  The anouncers
said the Badgers looked sluggish, but since I don't have anything to
compare with, couldn't say.

The difference in the game was new goalie Graham Melanson for the
Badgers.  He is now 7-0-0 between the pipes and he is outstandingly
quick.  He made some incredible saves en route to stopping 40 of 41
shots.  The Badgers, OTOH, only managed 11 shots on goal!

Of course we all know what a hot goalie can do for a team.  Melanson,
though, is just starting and, supposedly, the back-up goalie.  I swear,
great goalies just seem to come out of the woodwork for Wisconsin.  Have
to believe that's at least partly a function of having Bill Howard as
goalie coach.  And with Howie there to work with Melanson, he can only
get better.  Sorry, WCHA, looks like the Badgers are going to be
contenders for a few years.  :-)

Tom Rowe                                     [log in to unmask]
Home of Division 3 National Champion Pointers
                    89, 90, 91 & 93