Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 17:10:08 -0500
From: Kevin Tompkins <[log in to unmask]>
To: tompkins
Subject: the Missing Maine "D"

Hey fellow Bear-Backers!

I'm resending this as there appears to have been an illegal character in
my prior attempt. Sorry, if you are receiving this for the 2nd time...

The recent posts concerning the Maine Defensive Ratings indicate to this
follower that the team relied on the leadership of Jeff Libby and Jason
Mansoff more than they realized (not to mention the key losses of Dan
Shermerhorn and Trevor Roenick just as a presence on the ice).  I'm not
saying that the current Maine defensemen are not working hard out
there.
I think they just need more playing time and "game" experience.  They
certainly are playing hard, otherwise I'm sure Coach Walsh wouldn't have
them out there.  It certainly is clear that they are a young bunch, with
the exception of Brian White.  But, is youth and inexperience the only
factor here??

I am just looking for some answers to explain the tremendous
inconsistency pattern that has developed this year for the 1997-1998
Bears.

I'd really like to hear some thoughts on the matter...

Inquiring minds need to know!

As always,
Kevin

  Kevin C. Tompkins                  Boston Technology, Inc.
  phone/vmx = 1-800-866-2678(x8740)  [log in to unmask]
  "Ya do....  what ya gotta do...  so... JUST DO IT!!!!!"