Well, I'd have thunk it.  Grew up about 20 miles away but on the correct
side of the river (Iowa, that is).  While someone is checking it out,
what
year did Gordie Howe and Ted Lindsay play for the Omaha Knights (Red Wing
farm team).

BTW wheat is grown in Kansas and the Dakotas, but nothing grows in Nebraska.
But they did a lot of meat packing in Omaha and the NE high schools played
6-man football (those that were big enough to have 6 males in high school).

There, that should get me some hot e-mail.

Anyway I'm glad to see UNO on the go (Denver isn't though - and a few more
aren't going to be either).  Mankato and Omaha may have to for their own
league unless they treat the WCHA better than they have been.  Maybe they
can pick up Drake, Iowa State and Northern Iowa for a nucleus.

GO UNO

-glen-