There is a reply to this charge by the UNH athletic department on the
Foster's home page.  UNH stated that the study used old data when
formulating there  ratios.  With UNH dropping Men's Baseball, Lacrosse
and Golf along with Women's Golf after this spring and redistributing
the money they will be in accordance with Title IX.  The full story can
be read on

        http://www.fosters.com/FOSTERS/sports/sports.htm

On a personal note I think that is disappointing that sports need to be
dropped in order for schools to be in accordance with Title IX. The law
should have had some provisions in it to allow schools to figure out
creative methods of balancing out the money.

Christian