Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started. A few thoughts to add about Friday's 3-1 RPI win over Union. Union found themselves down 2-0 in the first period, despite a 12-9 shot advantage. I think a huge moment in the game was in the first period when John Sicinski had an apparent goal but instead RPI came right back and scored their second goal. I was 100% convinced that Sicinski's shot was in. I had a very good view of it and it looked to me like it got in behind the crossbar and quickly came back out. Union has benefitted from a few of these in the last few weeks with opponents scoring apparent goals which ended up not being called goals. But this one really hurt. I guess Union's players didn't see what I saw since none of them argued as far as I could tell and Sicinski was quoted in the papers as saying he didn't think it went in given the angle it came out. In any case, Union dug themselves a hole early and against a hot Joel Laing, it was just too much. Union's defense tightened up and allowed just 9 shots over the last 2 periods. Trevor Koenig stopped all 8 he was in net for. The offense continued to fire lots of shots at Laing. At one point, I think in the second period, Laing stopped an initial shot and at least quick 2 rebound shots. At that point, I said to Andy Weise that if Laing was going to be doing that, Union just couldn't win. Union's only goal came in the third period, and got the Union crowd back into the game. And in response, the RPI crowd got going a little more too. For the first time in quite a few visits to Houston Field House since the 1994 playoff series, I thought the place had a real feel of college hockey the way it should be, even though the attendance was a disappointing 3863 (and I bet 1000+ were for Union). The one thing that will always amaze me is how the Field House crowds are in such a hurry to go home. Even before the empty net goal when the outcome was not decided by any means, a steady stream of people were running for the exits. After the empty-netter it was a stampede.. Apparently these people have never seen a hockey game with a comeback in the final minute. When my team wins a playoff game, I'm going to be there to see every last second of it. I can only imagine how empty that place must get when RPI falls behind in the third. At least maybe then I could move out of my seat behind the pole (wonderful seats they sent down to be sold at Achilles...) to somewhere I could see the whole ice surface. But still, it was a fun game to watch although a little frustrating to have so many scoring chances be denied by Laing or by a bad bounce. RPI did to Union what Union did to a lot of teams this season - beat them with great goaltending. I assume Scott Prekaski will get his chance to show what he can do for RPI tonight. If Union can play the same type of game and get a few bounces, they have an excellent shot at sending the series to a third game. I know there are 13 seniors who don't want to retire just yet... -- Jim Teresco '92, '93G - terescoj@mailhost.vu.union.edu Lab Manager - Union College PASTA Lab, http://www.pasta.union.edu Visit the Union Hockey Pages at http://www.vu.union.edu/hockey HOCKEY-L is for discussion of college ice hockey; send information to INFO-HOCKEY-L@MAINE.MAINE.EDU, The College Hockey Information List.