In a message dated 97-02-05 00:01:21 EST, [log in to unmask] (Mike Machnik)
writes:

<< Perhaps the best way I can sum it up is, in the past I remember the team
 feeding off the energy that the fans provided.  Now it seems to have
 shifted the other way, in that the fans need to feed off of the team.  If
 they're doing well, the fans respond; if not, the fans are mostly quiet.

Yes, this certainly seems to be true and I don't know what the answer is to
change it.

In a message dated 97-02-05 02:29:33 EST, [log in to unmask] (Wayne Smith)