>                             and the WCHA rules are out of date (when was the
> last year the WCHA played a 4-game round robin) but may be effective.

WCHA teams play 8 teams 4 times during the regular season (two at home
and two on the road). The other two teams are played only twice, one
team two games at home, one team two games on the road. I don't know how
the home-and-home tradition work (at those schools that are close to
each other -- I think it is CC-Denver, Minnesota-St. Cloud, Northern
Michigan-Michigan Tech) if that team is scheduled for only 2 games.

So, I believe that rule c) says that the head-to-head goal differential
is not a tie-breaker if the teams only played the 2-game series. I guess
they figure that home ice give a team an advantage in padding the score
(note that they don't waive rule a in this case!)

The tiebreaker rules seem pretty straight-forward to me.

        --david