>>> "Brett C. Harvey" <[log in to unmask]> 02/25/97
11:02am >>>
>the Mariucci Classic tournament (vs. Brown, Northeastern,
and Notre Dame),

UGH -- this is a joke, right?   the gophs are going to play the
current bottom team from ECAC, Hockey East and CCHA
for a tournament?   No offense to those teams but where's
the challenege (a total of 11 wins this year total for all 3 of
those teams)?     After having teams like BU and Miami
this year and other high rank teams last year, I would think
they'd have some higher rank teams.  It certainly can't help
their PWR rankings....
==
That's the trouble with tournaments.  I think they have a
three year lead time on these things.  Three years ago,
Brown and NE were league contenders.  Notre Dame is,
well, Notre Dame and the alumni support should be big
enought to guarantee a sell out for two nights.  Now if Lou
Holtz goes to the Vikings.......;)

Probably with 20-20 hindsight, the Gophers would wish for a
repeat of this year's field.  But it is hard to project how good
or bad a team will be in 3 years.

Joe