Tony Biscardi ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: >
: > Tony,
: >
: > How can a bar (bah?) in Boston get TSN?  That is a Canada
: > only station that is scrambled on my dish.  CBC is in the
: > clear (at least for now), so anyone can get that, but they
: > don't have the license from Hockey Canada to broadcast
: > international games..
: >
: > E$PN has a website.  Gad!  for all the times I see the darn
: > thing on E$PN and E$PN2, I forgot it.  This is not the right
: > URL, but it gets you to the right place:  www.espn.com.
: >
: > Joe
: >
:
: I was given the wrong info.
:
: It was TSN who would not allow the bars to pick up the feed.
:
: Usually, I guess they can pay a small fee and get the feed
: (I've watched TSN broadcasts before).
:
: TSN, however, decided that, since NO ONE IN THE *ENTIRE*
: WORLD payed what they demanded, no one anywhere would get
: to see the World Junior Championships.  Not only did ESPN
: laugh at what TSN wanted, but I am told the Swedish station
: was outraged at TSN's exclusive rights which they would
: rather get *no* revenue from outside of Canada than to sell
: them at a reasonable rate.
:
: No one in Europe or the US was able to watch it due to TSN.
:
:
: Personally, I don't understand why they wouldn't lower
: their asking price and get *SOMETHING* from *SOMEONE*!?!
:
: I can't figure it.
:
:
: Oh well,
:
: Tony
:

And once again, hockey fans get screwed by the TV companies. Aren't any
TV executives fans ?

-Steve