would like to say something on the subject as an athletic trainer.  First the
athletic trainer in charge of ice hockey at CC, I believe, is the coordinator
of WCHA injury surveillance.  He is tops in his field.  Second, even if all the
quantatative and qualitative symptom tests for recovery from such an injury are
negative the athete may be holding back some symptom information.  I belive one
of the postings referred to information from his mother.  This MAY be a case of
an athlete hiding a history of symptoms in fear that the medical staff will
"not let him play".  In my short experience as a certified athletic trainer I
have seen this happen a number of occasions.  This may be not the case at all
and I'm totally off base, but I just felt the need to respond to boderline
attacks on fellow sportsmedicine proffesionals.

Brooke George Kelley, ATC
U.S. Military Academy
St. Cloud State Univ. '96