On Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:36:33 -0500 MJ <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I was wondering if anyone knows of a college hockey player, past or
>present, who has played with some form of physical handicap (e.g.
>prosthetic limb, partial blindness, deafness, etc.).
>
>I would appreciate any knowledgable replies.

When I was an assistant at Northeastern, Elijah Gold started one game
against BU. He was taken out at the end of two periods. Elijah is totally
deaf. Northeastern, in a great show of sensitivity, sent me to sign
language
classes in order to facilitate communication between Elijah and the
staff.

One anecdote that I can relate is signing to Elijah in my sternest finger
movement, "Why didn't you  attend the player, coach, parent meeting
last night"? With half a smile, he signed right back, "Coach, I didn't
hear about it".

Bob Saunders