Deron, I will retract somewhat the idea that UNH "capitalized" on power play
opportunities in the game against Maine, given the stats.  However, Maine did
not keep up with UNH when at even strength.  UNH is a deeper team, more
talented up front and had better goaltending.  Certainly a recipe for
dominance, which is what happened.  The tables have turned.  Enough said.

As for the future of the Governors Cup, it is my opinion that it will not
last after the next two years.  UNH is hosting in 1997 and Lowell is
scheduled to host in 1998.  I know that UNH would rather get some western
teams in here rather than play the same teams that they always play.  There
is some talk of a tournament where UVM and UNH would alternate as hosts and
bring in a team from the WCHA and one from the CCHA, kind of like the Badger
Showdown or the Mariucci.  As a fan, this format would be much more
interesting.

Greg(not Karen) Ambrose, UNH '72
Go Blue