>>> Marcus <[log in to unmask]> 12/04/96 04:24am

Another way of looking at it..."If you were a coach, would
you aim for having a high scoring offense, or a defensive unit
with a low GAA???"

===

Well Marcus, as told to me by (then) Clarkson JV coach Bill
O'Flaherty, "If they don't score, you can't lose."

I have always subscribed to that theory.  In the teams that I
have coached, we always stressed defensive zone coverage
before offensive zone schemes.  We might not have always
won, but we were always in a position to win.

2 cents

Joe