I don't think that we ought to jump to conclusions about this.  In addition
to the fact that Jack Parker has been quted that LaCouture won't be back
playing hockey this year, there is another way to look at this.

I absolutely agree that someone who picks up a full slate of incompletes
because they didn't get the work done shouldn't be playing until they are
made up.  This doesn't sound as if that is the case.  By all reports,
LaCouture has a legitimate family crisis that caused him to drop out of
school temporarily.  In a situation like this, most schools that I know of
have a different set of policies for handling the student involved.  Assuming
that this is the correct story and the earlier rumors of poor scholastic
performance are false, then I could easily see it being handled differently
and letting LaCouture play once the new semester begins and he is
re-enrolled.

J. Michael Neal