I'm glad this discussion is surfacing.  I, too, have noticed that in the
list isn't as lively as it was last year.  As someone with a professional
reputation to protect, I can't dive in with the kinds of opinions I'd like
to (if you want to see that side of me in action, I'll send you a "Word of
the Herd," the official newsletter of the Central Ohio Bills Backers--got to
plug where I can).  But I miss the people who did!  I miss responding to
postings about the Buckeyes being a crap team, and I miss those who
responded to my defense of the Buckeyes!  I miss the inter-play between
readers, and the sometimes intricate threads that resulted.  I miss the
humor, and the bias, and the b.s., and everything that I loved about
Hockey-L when I subscribed last year.

By the way, there is a "fanzine" site for Bowling Green fans,
[log in to unmask]  It's filled with interesting "insight" about
BGSU hockey (you should have heard the crying after this weekend!), and it
sometimes gives really useful information about BG and the CCHA in general.

Hang in there, Hockey-L people.  And it wouldn't hurt you to write, you know :)

Paula

Paula C. Weston
Girl Reporter