>>> Skowen, Chris
<[log in to unmask]> 11/13/96 12:11am

What about when the net is intentionally dislodged by
a defender when there is an obvious scoring chance?
 Doesn't this also result in a penalty shot?

Chris Skowen
G. Heileman Brewing Co.
GO BADGERS!
====
Penalty Shot only if (a) in last two minutes or OT or
(b) nobody between shooter and net.

Otherwise 2 in box.

Joe

>It's my understanding that a penalty shot is awarded
under (3) specific
>circumstances:
>
>1) The most common is when a player with the
puck, and has "clear progress"
>   to the net from the red line, is kept from having "a
reasonable scoring"
>   attempt, by an illegal act.  So, by hooking, holding,
slashing or tripping
>   the player, that action keeps the player from having
the scoring
>   opportunity that one would have on a clear
breakaway.

>2) If any player (including goalies) throws his/her
stick at the puck, which
>   is controlled or shot by the opposing player.  I don't
think it matters
>   if it is an accident.  [This has happened this year
already in a Wisconsin
>   game, where the opposing goalie lost control of his
stick while trying to
>   poke check the puck away.  A penalty shot was
awarded to Wisconsin.]

>3) If a player (other than the goalie) covers the puck
up in the goal crease,
>   while the goalie is in the goal crease.  If the goalie
is in his/her
>   crease, only that person may cover the puck up.
>
>I think thats it.
>

>Terry E. Tuschen Jr.

>University of Wisconsin-Madison
WISCONSIN BADGERS
>Space Science and Engineering            NCAA DIV. 1
Mens Ice Hockey Champions
>McIDAS Archive                            1973, 1977, 1981,
1983, 1990, 1997?!
>[log in to unmask]                           "A great day
for hockey!"
>http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~terryt/ssec.html
>
>HOCKEY-L is for discussion of college ice hockey;
send information to
>[log in to unmask], The College
Hockey Information List.