**** MICHIGAN 7  OHIO STATE 2 ****

Aho was replaced by Tom Connerty at the 7:47 mark of the first.  Connerty
proceded to have a very strong showing.  While Connerty allowed 4 goals,
he made 24 saves, and I was rather impressed with his play.

     * Connerty especially sparkled in making a spectacular save on
     Greg Crozier's breakaway attempt in the third period.

**** MICHIGAN 4  BOWLING GREEN 1 ****

Right around the 10 minute mark of the third, Wolverine Bubba Berenzweig
shot the puck past Mike Savard, apparently notching the Wolverine's second
goal of the night.  In the ensuing 10-minute long discussion, referee
Roger Graff waved off the goal. I never heard the "official announcement,"
and the action was at the opposite end zone from where I was, so I have no
idea what was happening. According to a Michigan parent, "the puck was in
the goal, Graff pointed to the net, indicating a goal, the red light was
on, and then 20 seconds later Graff decided that he was going to call a
penalty and waved the goal off."  I REPEAT, these are (close to) the words
of a Michigan PARENT, and ARE NOT MINE.  Twice previously, once for the
Wolverines and once for the Falcons', Graff did not decide to call a
penalty until after he looked over and saw a player laying on the ice.

     * First, I thought it was Botterill who shot the puck into the
     net.  Can someone else who was in attendance confirm that it was
     Berensweig?  Second, I was fairly annoyed that the goal was waved
     off because the puck was clearly in the net a good 4 or 5 seconds
     before any of the post-goal scuffle (which resulted in the
     penalties) started.  I was much more annoyed when I read the
     official explanation from the referees in the Ann Arbor News on
     Sunday.  Despite the goal judge's contrary opinion, Graff ruled
     that the puck hit the crossbar and never went in the net.
     !$#@!#@%$!%  My seats are directly behind the net (14th row) and
     the puck did not hit any crossbar except perhaps the one in the
     back of the net.  It was very satisfying when Luhning scored to
     make up for the earlier non-goal.

Near the conclusion of the night, BG's Dave Faulkner slashed UM's Greg
Crozier, who sustained a fractured left arm from the incident. Apparently,
this further ticked off a number of Wolverines.  With 1:30 left in the
game, with up 3-1, Jason Botterill was skating along the boards back to
his bench.  Along the way, there was a Falcon skater right in front of the
Falcon bench and right in Botterill's way.  Jason, rather than skating
around the player (as he should have done), completely bowled him over.
This caused a large altercation right at the Falcon bench.  It was pretty
ugly, especially when UM's Bill Muckalt leaped into the altercation with
Freight Train speed (he came all the way from the other side of the ice).

     * Botterill's actions were also largely due to a Falcon player's
     decision to politely inform Brendan Morrison what he thought of
     Morrison's Hobey Baker chances.  The Falcon player was expressing
     his opinion via his hands and the back of Morrison's head.
     Botterill was defending his smaller linemate as well as Crozier.
     The rest of the Wolverines on the ice came to the aid of
     Botterill who seemed willing to take on the entire BG bench.

Some thiry seconds later, after the whistle and during a separate
altercation, BG's Dan Price grabbed a hold of Bubba Berenzweig.  They each
had their hands on the other's shoulders, until Price punched Berenzweig,
not once, not twice, but FIVE times.  Bubba did NOT punch back. It appeared
that Bubba was merely trying to keep some distance, until the FIFTH punch,
were Bubba lost it and flung punches back at Price.

     * Again from the Ann Arbor News, Berensweig commented to the
     effect that he knew the next game was against Michigan State and
     that he shouldn't get involved in a fight but after 5 or 6
     punches, enough is enough and one has to defend himself.