Drawing liberally from Terry Tuschen Jr., I sent the following message
     to CNN. Will be curious to see this weekend's Headline News.

     FXM

     Dear CNN:

     I noticed some college hockey scores running on your ticker (CNN
     Headline News) last week.  But the scores weren't there last weekend.

     Just as a point of information, college hockey is the second or third
     largest revenue producer for the NCAA. There are literally hundreds of
     thousands, if not millions, of college hockey fans. Every weekend, from

     October through mid-April, college hockey games are played throughout
     the country.  There are three divisions of play within the NCAA and
     numerous schools that participate in the American Collegiate Hockey
     Association. More importantly, the sport is NOT a regional sport.
     College hockey is played, at various levels, throughout the country
     including California, Texas, Arizona, all of the south, and at all of
     the service academies.

     I realize, of course, it is impossible for you to display all of the
     college hockey scores. Just as it is impossible to display all of the
     NCAA college basketball game scores. On the other hand, it does not
     seem unreasonable to request, on behalf of both college hockey fans
     and the respective college and university students, that the scores
     for colleges participating in the four NCAA Division One conferences
     to be shown. This would include Hockey East schools (many of which are
     Big East schools in basketball), the ECAC Division One schools, of
     which there are 12 (including six Ivy League schools), the Central
     Collegiate Hockey Association (many of which are Big Ten basketball
     schools) and the Western Collegiate Hockey Association which also has
     several Big Ten schools. There are several independent schools
     including the U.S. Military Academy (West Point) and the Air Force
     Academy which also participate at the division one level. All in all
     there are a total of approximately 45 schools and of course all of
     them do not all play at the same time. At most there may be 15 to 20
     scores posted from different time zones. These scores are easily
     obtainable from a variety of sources and can be shown under the
     heading of "NCAA Hockey".

     As a college hockey fan, I really enjoyed seeing those recent scores.
     I realize you don't have the time to go into the games themselves on
     your broadcasts, but it sure is nice to see them on the Sports Ticker.
     I can't always listen to the games, so having another source for
     scores is great.

     Please put them back on.  College Hockey is a wonderful game, and it
     could really use the exposure.

     Thank you,

     Francis X. Mallgrave