-Freshman Goaltender Erik Day was named the WCHA Defensive Player of the
Week and Rookie of the Week for his back to back shutouts of Michigan
Tech.  He becomes the first Gopher goalie since Robb Stauber, in 1988, to
record back to back shutouts.  In all fairness, these awards
should have been given to the entire Michigan Tech team.  Pathetic might be an
understatement.
-I have a question for someone who watched the series this past weekend.  In
the third period of Saturday's game, Jason Prokapetz(I believe) ran
into a linesman while trying to hit the Gopher's Wyatt Smith.  It
was obviously an inadvertant hit, but after he did it, it appeared that
Prokapetz hit the linesman atleast two more times.  My question is, why
was Prokapetz not penalized for this?  If nothing else, than respect
for the refs, something had to be called.
-The Gophers are now tied with North Dakota and CC atop the WCHA
standings with 14 points.  UMD is next with 10 points, in two fewer games.

-This upcoming weekend's series with Northern Michigan might be the last
in Marquette for the Gophers for awhile.  NMU is leaving the WCHA for the
CCHA at the end of the year.  NMU is the only WCHA team with a winning
record against the Gophers in the '90s.
-Steve DeBus' inflammed rotator cuff is still bothering him, so Erik Day
will get the nod again this weekend against Northern Michigan.  Let's
hope it is a repeat of last week.