As with RPI, the UVM Catamounts beat themselves 6-3 yesterday before a
large crowd at Gutterson Field House.  The annual Green and Gold game ended
with the white team beating the green team.  Not sure how green/gold =
green/white, but hey, what do I know?

The first and fourth lines emerged victorious over the second and third.
The first goal, for those of youkeeping track, was made my a 4th liner Eric
Lundin.
Martin St. Louis and JC Ruid opened up the game early, a St Louis' goal
followed by two tallies by Ruid.  The green team came back in force from
this 4-0 deficit with a rash of scoring.  Freshman Matt Sanders had the
first goal for the green team, beating both white defencemen on the play.
Stephane Piche and Justin Martin then scored in succession for the green
team and it looked like a hockey game with a score of 4-3.  Then St. Louis
scored on a penalty shot moving the white team up 5-3.  The final goal of
the game was a shot from the blue line by defenceman Pavel Navrat that
somehow beat Tim Thomas.

The three goalies alternated playing time, and wound up with, I believe,
Thomas with 5 GA (don't ask how that happened....), Nolan McDonald with 1
GA and James Tierney with 3 GA.

The lines were:
Ruid/Perrin/St Louis      (1)
Hamilton/Martin/Stelljes  (2)
Kilbourne/Piche/Sanders   (3)
Hakala/Lundin/Lampron     (4)

Hamel/Roomet
Kloboucek/Navrat
Sorg/Hallman
Tremblay/Reid

goaltenders:Thomas, McDonald, Tierney

It was a fun game, described by a friend of mine as a brawl on ice,
although I thought they were being really gentle with each other.

Allow for a slight margin of error or two now and then...
Eleanor

GO UVM HOCKEY CATS!

Eleanor Rodgers         Box 201 South Street
St. Paul's '96          New Haven Vermont 05472
Berkeley '00            (802) 453-2183
10-88-19 forever!

"When I was a boy, my father told me anyone could become president. Now
I'm beginning to believe it."  --Clarence Darrow

This message brought to you by the Philadelphia Flyers --
1996-97 Stanley Cup Champions