In an earlier posting regarding Vermont's non-conference schedule, Paul
Gentile wrote:

>No one will ever be able to say that they're untested after they face the
>likes of UNH, BU, Miami and Michigan State in the Catamounts first four
>games. Follow that by five conference games and a game with UMass ...
>but then they play UNH in the Governor's Cup followed by the
>winner/loser of the Maine/Lowell game. That in itself would be a decent
>non-conference schedule. But. Vermont is going to the Badger's Cup to
>play Colorado and the winner/loser of the Wisconsin/UNH game.
>
>This has to be the toughest non-conference schedule in Div. 1.

I agree with Paul's opinion about our non-conference schedule being
extremely tough, but I would like to note that Michigan State is not on the
schedule ... Lake Superior State is the team that goes in that slot.

For all interested, here is Vermont's complete non-conference slate:

Oct. 19         at UNH
Oct. 26         at BU
Nov. 1          MIAMI UNIV. (home)
Nov. 2          LAKE SUPERIOR STATE (home)
Nov. 24         UMASS-AMHERST (home)
Nov. 29-30      GOVERNORS' CUP (home)
--Nov. 29         Maine vs. Lowell, Vermont vs. UNH
--Nov. 30         Consolation, Championship
Dec. 3          at Providence
Dec. 27-28      at Badger Showdown -- Bradley Center, Milwaukee
--Dec. 27       Vermont vs. CC, Wisconsin vs. UNH
--Dec. 28       Consolation, Championship

Maria McClellan
SID, University of Vermont