In a message dated 96-08-01 01:14:11 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Mike Machnik)
writes:

> But perhaps a bigger implication has to do with the Hockey East tournament.
>  Will NESN be prevented from airing HE tournament games in which Maine
>  competes?

Actually, the question here is, would Maine be eligible for the Hockey East
tournament?  As I read them, the NCAA sanctions prohibited Maine from post
season play, did they not?  That would seem to include the HE tourney.  What
is the precedent here?  How is it handled in other sports?

-- Ron