J. Michael Jackson wrote, in part, re: Anaheim 1999:

>Why would Disney go to any great lengths to promote it?  What's in it
>for them?  This isn't like the Olympics, which have so much name recognition
>that sponsors drool over the right to slap the logo on their products (though
>I'm not convinced that even that is worth the money they pay for it).  It's
>not like the Ducks, where they own the team and can crank out merchandise to
>sell for their own profit.  How is this going to make money for Disney?  It
>won't boost the overall market for hockey; if that's going to happen, they
>can do it with the Ducks alone. Maybe they draw fans to town who also
>purchase tickets to Disneyland; it better be a whole lot of them to pay off a
>multi-city ad campaign.

OK, and what's in it for the US Army to become a sponsor for the Hobey
Baker Award ?  We (you and I taxpayers) certainly won't make money off it,
and it can't be solely because the legendary Mr. Baker was in the Army.

Southern California in April is much more appealing to the "I might try it"
crowd who could be swayed by promotion to see the college game rather than
the pro$.

I asked before, I think, isn't the college hockey championship the 3rd most
attended championship the NC$$ conducts (all rounds) ?  Why wouldn't they
salivate at the chance to pair up in promotion with the Mouse ?

When you wish upon a puck...

        ****** If you can read this, thank your monitor *******