Here are a few stray thoughts from the Land of the Bulldog.  Did you
know that the state of Michigan is the undisputed champion of college
hockey.  Not out east, not Minnesota -- but rather the state with the
ugly weather.  From 1986-96, six college teams from Michigan won the
NCAA Championship.  'Nuff said.

 ...This Wednesday, Red Berenson and Bruce Martyn (former Red Wings
announcer) will be inducted into the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame at
Cobo Arena in Detroit.

. . .Goalie Jon Casey, formerly of the Fighting Sioux of North Dakota,
has done a great job shutting down the Red Wings in the Stanley Cups.
Did you know his brother, Ray Casey, is the brother in law of yours
truly (give me a quarter and I'll call someone who cares).  Ray works in
Mt. Pleasant (Mich.) as the Isabella County Road Commissioner.  Ray
played his college hockey at Princeton and later in Europe.  Does anyone
remember him?  Both Jon and Ray are from Minnesota's iron range -- where
Mike Peluso found his beginnings before helping the Devils win the Cup
last yr