One thing I forgot to mention in my last post.  I've been to
Anchorage and Fairbanks.  It is about 50 minutes between
the two.  Add the time to board/unboard, weather delays
(gotta de-ice those wings), etc and I still think that flying
between UAA and UAF during the hockey season is no
worse than driving between say Ann Arbor (Michigan) and
Kalamazoo (Western Michigan) during hockey season.
I'd worry more about the toll on the team coming home from
Alaska than I would about traveling between UAA and UAF
during the weekend.

If weather precludes you from traveling between Anchorage
and Fairbanks then you're not going to get out of Alaska
any way. :-)

John H ([log in to unmask])