I wondered if anyone else noticed, during the broadcast of the Mich-CC game,
a comment made regarding scores/results in other venues to the effect that
one of the NCAA Women's Basketball SEMI-FINALs attracted 22,000 fans!?

I'm reasonably sure I heard it correctly; you might consider it an indicator
of the difference in popularity of basketball and hockey.  Having watched
(pieces of) women's B-ball games while channel-surfing, I have to admit that
I'm impressed with the skill level, intensity, and spirit of the women's
game, but ...!!!  For a SEMI...!!!

And despite an almost utter disregard for roundball, I felt I had to watch
the UMass/Ky game (as a Massachusetts resident), and the Syracuse/KY final
(slow night on the tube).  Did you also notice the NINE
full-length-of-the-court writer's tables ranged at  courtside (five deep on
one side, four on the other)?!  It's sad but true: we have a long way to go
before hockey draws as well, nationally, as bball does.  If ever.